"The Secretions are men of peace in a world of mayhem. They are poets and onanists and bloodsucking freaks. They are punk rock."

- Joe Queer of the Queers
www.flickr.com
Secretions' items Go to Secretions' photostream

Monday, September 15, 2008

House on the Hill

Lately I've been feeling kind of nostalgic so I've been hitting up Secretins that have been around for a while and asking them to write about their favorite Secretions related memory. Here is what Erin, Danny's main squeeze, came up with.

"When I think about my favorite Secretions memory, the first think I think of is a show in Reno at the once great House on the Hill.

It was just a fantastic, clusterfuck of a show. After spending some time in the van with Amelia and Crystal, we ventured in to find a PACKED house. Everyone was in a great mood and really excited to see the Secretions. As soon as they started playing kids were flying everywhere – into the drums, into the amps and into us. The boys blasted through their set and next up were the Cobra Skulls who were AWESOME. Danny ran around singing and Crystal and I pushed some HUGE drunk guy down – seriously, he must have been 6'5 and 300 lbs, but he fell just like a little girl.

Anyway, by the end of the night, I was relatively drunk and had signed some girls arm (awesome girl…can't remember her name but it was her birthday), played in the cemetery and for some reason insisted on leaving with a clock I found in the bathroom. Only bummer of the evening was the dog poop in the car…but we didn't let that ruin the awesomeness that was Reno."

- Erin

I vaguely remember that night...the "spending time in the van" part she referred to involved guzzling a lot of booze and, as I'm sure you can tell by that picture, we were both totally hammered.

If you have a favorite Secretions related story you'd like to tell, please email it to me at crystalsecretin@gmail.com

No comments: