"The Secretions are men of peace in a world of mayhem. They are poets and onanists and bloodsucking freaks. They are punk rock."

- Joe Queer of the Queers
www.flickr.com
Secretions' items Go to Secretions' photostream

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

DIY or DIE - Tote Bag

Sixteen year old Sacramento Secretin, Briana, sent in this picture of a tote bag she made to use as a school bag about a year ago. She mixes it up by changing the fabric that makes up the handles every couple of months.

How did you make it? "I bought a cheap black canvas bag for like $2, then cut off the handles (because they were far too short for any normal human being to use) and added some extra fabric. I printed off a picture that the Secretions have on their myspace, cut it out with an X acto knife on some poster board and painted it with fabric paint, then took some sharpie to touch it up and I had finished my first DIY bag!"

What school do you go to and how did you get into the Secretions? "Well sadly I go to Rio Linda (where there are now other Secretins!), where freshman year kids would talk shit to me about the shirts I wore and say stuff like "you don't like Minor Threat, you poser blah blah blah". Soon I was curious about the Sacramento punk scene so I showed up at the Fuck Valentines 2 show and there were the Secretions! I bought a CD and then I kept buying more and more crap, and it's been love ever since!"

Add her on myspace and maybe she'll make you a bag!

No comments: