"The Secretions are men of peace in a world of mayhem. They are poets and onanists and bloodsucking freaks. They are punk rock."

- Joe Queer of the Queers
www.flickr.com
Secretions' items Go to Secretions' photostream

Monday, May 19, 2008

I Look Away For Two Fucking Seconds...

So, "Zombie Girl" made it onto the SacBee's Sunday Single list. AWESOME! I should have posted this BEFORE the showcase at Old Ironsides last night, but I somehow kind of didn't know about it. I don't really DO myspace during the weekend, so I must have missed it or something. It's not like it matters anyway, unless I'm mistaken, the majority of the Life Line readers are like thirteen years old anyway and couldn't have attended even if they'd known about it.

Anyway, I figured I'd throw up this bit from the SacBee website because it has some cool stuff from Danny on it.

Danny Secretion is the drummer and songwriter for local punks the Secretions. But every so often, the dude likes to put down those sticks and grab an acoustic guitar. So "Sunday Single" is featuring Secretion on the solo tip with his acoustic version of the Secretions' "Zombie Girl."

Check it out at http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/music/archives/cat_sunday_single.html. And you can also hear Secretion do his solo act tonight at the Sunday Single Showcase at Old Ironsides.


DANNY SECRETION

Song: "Zombie Girl"

Style: A punk tones down

Influences: "My No. 1 influence is Kevin Seconds," says Secretion. "He's a punk rock icon and I think Sacramento takes that for granted. He's up there with Jello Biafra (Dead Kennedys) and Henry Rollins (Black Flag). But he has no problem grabbing his acoustic guitar and playing for a handful of people, and putting as much passion into it as a sold-out 7 Seconds show."

Behind the song: "It's just a love song," says Secretion. "It's inspired by every single zombie movie ever made, that if a person you fell in love with became a zombie, you would either have to blow their head off or join them. "It can be a symbolic choice, I guess. It's a love song with a sweet message, but I'm surprised by the number of guys who like that one."

No comments: