"The Secretions are men of peace in a world of mayhem. They are poets and onanists and bloodsucking freaks. They are punk rock."

- Joe Queer of the Queers
www.flickr.com
Secretions' items Go to Secretions' photostream

Monday, May 19, 2008

Secretions @ True Love

Yesterday, the Secretions played an electric set on the back patio of the True Love Coffee House as the headliners of a benefit for homeless kids. The show was organized by this kid named Dillon who was doing it at a class project with Jerry Perry as his mentor. I really don't know the details on the project, but any teacher who lets a kid do a show as a project is A-Ok in my book.

Here are a couple snapshots from the show. It was difficult to get good ones because the lighting on the back patio is actually pretty poor for photography (which is layman's terms for, "I don't know how to use Mickie's camera").







Too see the rest of the pictures, clicky click mcclick right here.

I also managed to get this video of Danny playing part of "Fuckin' Zombies". It's one of their faster songs and Danny always looks so frantic while drumming it. It's even funnier because halfway through the video Danny notices me and then mouths, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" and continues to look at the camera all confused for a while.



If you took any pictures of this event that you would like to contribute to the album, please let me know. Also, if you remember what benefit this was for, let me know so I can throw a link up. It was something about "Wind" or "Wings" that helps homeless kids but I can't remember quite what it was called.

No comments: