"The Secretions are men of peace in a world of mayhem. They are poets and onanists and bloodsucking freaks. They are punk rock."

- Joe Queer of the Queers
www.flickr.com
Secretions' items Go to Secretions' photostream

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Guest Writer: Erin!

If you don't know who Erin is, (shame on you!) here's a hint: she's the sexy little tart with the nice rack that's generally being groped by Danny. Oh...NOW you know who she is!

Erin went with Danny on his solo tour last month (and actually celebrated her birthday on the road, how hardcore is that?) as his roadie, merch girl, and main squeeze. We've heard how Danny summed up the tour, ever wonder what Erin thought? Wonder no more.

"I have been a giant slacker…When Crystal asked me to write something for the Secretions website and more specifically, my point of view on Danny's solo tour, I of course said yes. Then failed to write anything. Go me.

So, being that we left town for Danny's solo tour one month ago today, I decided – hell, why not write something? (plus work is really slow and this is passing the time).

As most of you have already heard, the solo tour was amazing. I personally had an awesome time. I absolutely LOVE to see Danny excited and happy and even when we were stuck in traffic going over the Hoover Dam; he still seemed to be having a good time.

I would have to say my favorite show was the Tucson show where Danny played at the Rainbow Planet Coffee House. So what if there were only a handful of people there? Danny played for well over an hour and laughed and joked with everyone. This coffee house was full of good people and I didn't want to leave and may have made myself a little home in the back room had a trip to the Shady Dell not been dangled in front of me.

Even the "crappy" shows were good shows with good bands, good music and awesome bartenders (who cares about the crappy stand-up comedians when you have Bud light and the Toy Dolls, right?).

Other highlights? Here they are in no particular order:

The F-Holes (and G-Strings) in Flagstaff, AZ

Snowball fight after driving hours through the dessert

The Grand Canyon

The Tiki Bus at the
Shady Dell

The
Giddy-Ups and Puke & Spitin Stockton

Tucson…all of it

Sleeping in the car

Every kid that showed Danny their support

Republicans in Bakersfield

Melissa & Chris in San Diego

Random coffee shop outside of Barstow, CA

Huevos Rancheros

Seeing the dessert, the mountains, the snow, the city and
the beach all within a ten day period.

Coming home and having and incredibly warm homecoming at the Javalounge.

Seeing who I consider to be one hellofaguy, play every night without getting bored or tired of his jokes. Danny joked about starting tour on my birthday saying "happy birthday now be my roadie" but I have to say, if being a roadie for his solo tour could be my birthday present every year, I would take it in a second. I cannot explain how proud and honored I felt every single night & I wouldn't trade this experience for anything in the world.


(Picture: Erin's typical point of view on tour)

No comments: