"The Secretions are men of peace in a world of mayhem. They are poets and onanists and bloodsucking freaks. They are punk rock."

- Joe Queer of the Queers
www.flickr.com
Secretions' items Go to Secretions' photostream

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Mickie's Solo Performance @ Old I

Mickie rocked Old Ironsides acoustically at Jerry Perry's birthday on Thursday night. Here's a summary of the night in Mickie's own words, and a couple snapshots from the night. Keep your eyes peeled for videos from that night soon!



"So, on the 27th I played the opening slot on Jerry Perry's birthday show. I did way better than I thought I would. I had Matt Dgaf videotaping it so it should be up on this site soon. People actually stuck around and watched my set so that was awesome, plus I was opening for Anton Barbeau which is a big deal for me because I have always liked his music.

Shannon Curtis was the next artist after me to play a birthday tribute to Jerry. She has a really pretty haunting voice that I can totally imagine in a smoky club in an old movie being backed up by an old school jazz band. It was just her and a piano and it was great.

Anton was next, and he was great as always, playing songs I've never heard before. I can imagine he has enough songs after all this time that he never has to play the same set twice.

It was a fun show, and Crystal and I ended up getting pleasantly drunk and talking to Kiki and Carl from Warp 11 for most of the rest of the night, they are hilarious as always. Good times."

-Mickie Rat



Mickie will be performing solo more in the future. Future dates will be posted!

No comments: