"The Secretions are men of peace in a world of mayhem. They are poets and onanists and bloodsucking freaks. They are punk rock."

- Joe Queer of the Queers
www.flickr.com
Secretions' items Go to Secretions' photostream

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rare Secretions Song - Love of my Life

Love of my Life originally appeared on the Secretions debut album, Attention Deficit Disorderly and was sung by Mickie. I asked Dan about this song and he responded with:

"Love of My Life is the first song I ever wrote...unless you count the song "I Woke Up In My Booger Snot" which I kinda wrote when I was 12. The song is about a girl I was dating back in 1990. I had just gotten over a very bad relationship and made the mistake of jumping right back into another. The "new" girlfriend was everything the previous one wasn't...nice, caring, generous, faithful, disease-free. She was everything every guy was looking for.

Unfortunately, I wasn't at a state of mind where I was mature enough to handle someone who was actually good for me. We lasted about 3 months and then I broke up with her. I didn't want to give her the "It's not you, it's me" bullshit line.

Instead, I remember telling her, "I need to be alone for a few years so I can grow up and hope to meet someone like you again in the future." She was a very genuine person. I'm happy to say that she is married now and has kids. Things worked out for the best for both of us.

I'm really pressuring the guys to rerecord that song with our current line-up. I think it's a fun song about being such a loser that you have no other choice but to ruin someone's life."

- Danny Secretion

This was always one of my favorite songs but I was never able to put it on mix CDs when I was a teenager because it has like an hour of extra shit attached to it at the end of ADD (just like the last song of the Queers album Don't Back Down). Always fucking drove me crazy. Anyway, enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...best song....EVER!