"The Secretions are men of peace in a world of mayhem. They are poets and onanists and bloodsucking freaks. They are punk rock."

- Joe Queer of the Queers
www.flickr.com
Secretions' items Go to Secretions' photostream

Friday, February 8, 2008

Petaluma Show!



Originally uploaded by crystal_secretin

Hey Secretins, sorry it's been so long since my last update. I broke my foot at the Petaluma show on 1/26/08 and I've been in hell ever since. I would have updated, but hell has dial-up and it really just wasn't worth it.

I have compiled a pretty huge, totally bitchin' Petaluma photo album on Flickr. Please take a few minutes to check it out. You never know, YOU might have ended up in one of the pictures! On the topic of pictures, I'd like to thank DJ Monki for his awesome photography skills and his genorosity with sharing them. Some of the pictures are from the consistantly wonderful Matt DGAF. You can tell them apart by looking at the tags...it'll say something like "picbymatt".

And, as far as this show goes...it was both very good and very bad. I really don't have the energy to recount every moment, so use your imagination...or you can read all about it in this month's Alive & Kicking.

The story is as follows:

Me and Bethany drove up there. We got there and started drinking backstage (which is one of the reasons I really like the Pheonix) but then we had to go pee in their nasty bathrooms with their no soap, toilet paper, or paper towels (one of the reasons I HATE the Pheonix, they charge $12 a show and can't buy something for me to wipe my ass on? - preposterous!).

Everything was going really well. There was a substantial quantity of really awesome and fun people there, and a lot of people that I hate running into apparently decided to stay home that night. So it was all shits and giggles for most of the night.

Awesome highlights I remember (please feel free to email or comment to add to these)...

Angel brought Orbit (who I'm in love with because he's canine and adorable) so we were making him do tricks and petting him.

Eoin brought a Secretions stencil and spray painted it on the wall with Avi.


The infamous boner crowd surfed.

Davie, Bonnie, and Joe from Ashtray showed up to hang out and Davie ended up doing a guest song with the Secretions.

All the bands played wonderfully. Everything sounded great. All was well. I went into the pit (which is a rarity for me) and ended up popping Matt DGAF's circle-pit cherry by dragging him in there with me. Everyone was being really cool and having a great time...

...UNTIL about halfway through the Phenomenauts set...I'll just copy and paste what I've got in my blog. That pretty well sums it up.

"Some random spastic fifteen year old boy accidently stomped on my foot. He said sorry and asked if I was ok, I thought I was so I said, "no problem!" That's when my foot broke. I continued to run around on it and went back into the pit.

Two random goons showed up to beat up Angel Nova because of a dispute with a former roommate (may or may not be true). I ended up getting punched in the face by a guy twice my size simply for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. (Turns out he was punching other people too).

So I socked him in the face back because I'm a. Stupid, b. Brave, or c. Both. He didn't retaliate anymore, but his ten foot tall friend, Andre the Fucking Giant, grabbed Mickie by the throat and was choking him and telling him to "control his bitch". Our feeling was that maybe HE should control HIS bitch.

After what seemed like an eternity, security and some of the guys there broke them up. Random goons then tried to come backstage to beat us up but security stopped them. Nine guys walked me and Bethany back to our car in the pouring rain. It all turned out ok."

That's the basic rundown of what happened. I could go more into detail, but there's no need to. It was what it was and no one got seriously injured except me, so it's over.

Despite the busted lip and the broken foot, I still had a great time at the show and look forward to another Petaluma Secretions/Phenomenauts match-up.

Leave me comments or emails and tell me your take on the night...I know a lot of shit happened to a lot of people that night and I created this website to share stories like that.

Until next time!

No comments: