"The Secretions are men of peace in a world of mayhem. They are poets and onanists and bloodsucking freaks. They are punk rock."

- Joe Queer of the Queers
www.flickr.com
Secretions' items Go to Secretions' photostream

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Guest Writer: Tori

Tori is one of the babies of the Sacramento punk scene. I think she's like fourteen (though her myspace profile claims 97, talk about aging well!) and she must be about fifteen inches tall and weigh in at about 6 lbs. This dime-sized Secretin makes up for her young age and slight size with her big heart and her enthusiasm.

I'd seen her around before, but my first concrete memory of Tori was when she came to the SOS Rummage Riot and was standing with her friend and her aunt with her hands clasped over her mouth so that all you could see were her big blue eyes. She was making little squeaking noises and whispering, "I can't..." while her two accomplices poked her and urged her to go say hi to some of the Secretions.

Adorable.

The really ironic part about that day was that she won the "Spend a Day W/ Your Favorite Secretion" raffle and ended up getting a whole day to hang out with Danny Secretion (picture from the hangout day below).

I was delighted when Tori emailed me this story this morning. I've been getting contributions from Secretins nearly every day and they are all wonderful! Enough from me, here is what Tori has to say.

"It feels like forever since I have been listening to the Secretions. I guess they just have that effect on you. I remember when I first started listening to the Secretions. Call me lame, call me stupid, but when I really actually first started listening to them a lot was when they played at KWOD’s Twisted Christmas in 2006. I had heard of them beforehand but never really sat down and listened to them. I was going to see My Chemical Romance, and I found out they were playing so I looked up their Myspace and started listening to them more. From there it snowballed into them being my ultimate heroes.

Let’s see… My very first Secretion memory is when my brother got Danny to call me on the phone.

My brother had played drums for the Compound, very briefly. My brother and this band were playing this show. I can’t remember if the Secretions were playing or if Danny was just going to be there. Anyway, I told my brother to take a picture that I had printed out of them and get Danny to sign it. I doubted he would remember. Then I told him, I would love him forever if he got him to call my cell phone.

I didn’t think he was going to get either of those things done, so I said screw it and went over to my friends house. Around 6-6:30, that night, my aunt called me and was telling me “Why aren’t you answering your phone? Bobby has that Danny guy sitting right next to him, and he wants to talk to YOU!”

I thought she was just joking around, but still I called my brother back. When he answered he told me, “I have someone here for you.”

He then gave the phone to Danny. I will never, ever forget what he said. “I would say ‘Baby, you make me pop a boner,’ but your brother is standing right here with a gun to my head.”

We talked for about five minutes and then he asked me, “What are you doing Friday?”

I told him I was probably doing nothing. His reply to that was, “No! You are GOING to come and see me. So just come up and say ‘hi’!”

From that moment on, Danny has been my idol.

Tori and Danny Secretion


Danny Secretion has bloomed into a father-figure to me. I don’t know if that sounds weird, but he is. I don’t know what I would do without him in my life. I would probably go crazy. That’s my very first Secretion related memory, and a bit of how I feel about Danny Secretion."

-Tori

No comments: